This is normally a paid post, but this has been made free for people on the Fediverse. Please ‘Boost’ this post, follow this account for future posts and go to https://padraig.blog and sign up for free to get new posts straight to your inbox!
Live from Puerto Rico and hosted by Bad Bunny, it is WWE Backlash!
Here are my predictions for the show:
- Seth “Freakin” Rollins vs Omos in a singles match.
- Omos doesn’t need the win here, Seth winning this match would elevate him for the World Heavyweight Championship (WHC) that is upcoming. Seth to Win!
- Matt Riddle, Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn vs The Bloodline (Jimmy Uso, Jay Uso & Solo Sikoa) in a 6-man tag team match,
- This should be a fun 6-man tag regardless of the decision. Storyline would say that Matt, Kevin & Sami to win which would be the conclusion of this storyline with Roman and The Bloodline.
- Bad Bunny vs Danian Priest in a San Juan Street Fight
- First ‘hardcore’ match for Bunny as he draws weapons for Damian. Damian and the rest of The Judgement Day shouldn’t lose this as it would look bad for TJD but my gut is telling me to ‘pop the crowd’ – Bad Bunny to win
- Cody Rhodes vs Brock Lesnar in a singles match.
- This should be a brutal match. Brock is going to go to town on Lesnar so it would only make sense that Brock Lesnar wins
- Austin Theory (C) vs Bobby Lashley vs Bronson Reed in a Triple Threat Match for the United States Championship
- I feel this could go either way. My money would have to be on Bronson Reed to build him up as a credible thread. Bronson Reed to win
- Bianca Belair (C) vs IYO SKY in a singles match for the RAW Women’s Championship
- As much as I like IYO, I cannot see her winning this. There is no credible threat to Bianca for the title as of yet. Perhaps with the WWE Draft going into effect on Monday, there will be new challengers for Bianca on Friday when she goes over to SmackDown. Bianca to retain
- Rhea Ripley (C) vs Zelina Vega in a singles match for the SmackDown Women’s Championship
- Just like with Bianca, Rhea is going to be on RAW and is holding the other brand’s belt, BUT I can see Zelina getting this monster push and solidifying the LWO by giving her the title in her home country of Puerto Rico. Zelina to win